Summer is supposed to be fun but if you are suddenly rushed to the hospital because of dehydration, that may take out the fun of the season. Here are simple ways to stay hydrated during summer:
- Always bring a bottle of cool water with you, whether you are off swimming to the beach or running in the park.
- Do not stay under the sun for too long. Instead, choose to stay inside cool, air-conditioned places.
- Drink lots of fluid such as fruit juices, milk shakes, and water to stay hydrated. Avoid hot drinks such as coffee and tea which may cause you to perspire and dehydrate.
- Wear cool and comfortable clothes that will leave you feeling fresh and relaxed all day long.
- Avoid strenuous outdoor activities such as hiking or cycling that will excessively drain your body fluids in no time. If these are unavoidable, remember to rehydrate your body with water whenever you sweat due to the heat or any outdoor activity.