When most people hear the word "Vegan" being used, it may be off putting to those who are meat eaters, or it may excite the food connoisseurs who enjoy living adventurously by trying new recipes outside of their comfort zones. I found these amazing recipes surfing the Internet in search of something new, and am forever thankful that I did.
I am going to introduce you to three of the most AMAZING Vegan Green Shakes, that don't provoke that unwanted fear of vegetable sludge that by the looks of it, resembling the infamous Ghostbuster's slime, or having the taste and smell of the green algae that forms on the shorelines of ponds where turtles love to frequent.
I'm sure as those unfamiliar with how good Vegan shakes can really be, myself included, are thinking to themselves, "Whaaat!" as those Vegan Green Shake lovers are like "BRIIINNG ITT!!"
The first shake I am going to introduce is from my top three shakes I know will win the taste buds of Novice Vegan consumers, not to mention how they taste as beautiful as they look.
1. GREEN WARRIOR PROTEIN SMOOTHIE
- Half a cup of fresh red grapefruit juice
- 1 cup de-stemmed dinosaur/lacinato kale or baby spinach
- 1 large sweet apple roughly chopped
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 medium/large stalk celery chopped
- 3 to 4 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1/3 cup frozen mango
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons virgin coconut oil
- 4 ice cubes
- Add the grapefruits first to the blender.
- Slowly add the rest of the ingredients
- Pour into the glass and enjoy! ( I like to add this smoothie to a chilled glass from the freezer)
What makes this smoothie as one of my favorites is the fact of how much it it does give you that nice added boost after a workout. Due to it having a nice balance in Omega fatty acids and fiber, it doesn't carry that "heavy" feeling in your stomach.
2. CHOCOLATE GREEN SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon superfood greens (optional)
- 1 tablespoon hemp powder (optional)
- 1 cup ice
- Before you begin, set you music to "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins because the awesome chocolate taste is about to become dangerously delicious!
- Place all of the ingredients in the blender. Hit the play button on your music device, followed by the push of the blender button. Make sure to sing along loudly!
- You are more than welcome to top with your smoothie with extra cinnamon or more chocolate, or whatever you are in the mood to add, even a few coconut flakes if you like.
What makes this smoothie one of my favorites, is the fact that I'm really not a fan of chocolate, but as I was surfing the web late one night, I said to myself, " Why not?" and I must say, I am not disappointed and glad that I did.
3. VEGAN MANGO - COCONUT GREEN SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup fresh washed spinach leaves, pre-washed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mango cubes
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 3/4 cup light canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Dump in blender and hit puree.
- Serve in chilled glass.
** You can add chopped mango or coconut flakes for topping.
I like it, and it makes the drink look absolutely beautiful in my humble opinion.
This is by far my most favorite Vegan Green Shake, because of not only the simplicity in making it, but the taste is just magical on your taste buds. If mangos and coconuts could have babies, this shake would be it.
All in all, for someone who has always been a skeptic of Vegan shakes because of the not so great experiences in healthy shake making, I must say with the shakes I have suggested in trying, I wouldn't have them any other way.
I can only thank those late nights of insomnia induced boredom before bed, and the Adventurer in me always encouraging me to go for something different, as well as those who have taken the time out to share these AMAZING Vegan Green Smoothies on the Internet.